The term “remote” is relative to one’s location, but remote also means “isolated”. Considering that most of us live in urban areas overwhelmed by noise and traffic, I think is important for a change to experience some place “isolated” this coming 2016.
With that in mind, I have made a list of the 10 best places that can offer you a life changing experience –or at least some peace and quiet time.
1.Iceland: because it’s the land of Fire and Ice, of Aurora Borealis, the Blue Lagoon and so much more.
2.Palau: Famous among divers, but plenty to do also if you aren’t one. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/palau/travel-tips-and-articles/exploring-palau-what-to-do-when-youre-not-diving#ixzz3vdenksn0
3. Galapagos Island and Amazonian Jungle, Ecuador: You might think I am bias on this one, but it’s hard to compete with a country that offers two life changing experiences in such a short distance between one and the other.
4. Madagascar: One word, BAOBABS –if you read The Little Prince you’ll know– and that is just the beginning of it.
5. St. Helena Island: Right in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean – the island where Napoleon was exiled and died – will finally have an operating airport on 2016.
6. Montana, USA: Yes, its possible to feel peace and quiet in a country inhabited by 300 million people.
7. Perito Moreno and Ushuaia, Argentina: The beauty of this glacier and town will leave you speechless.
8. Bhutan and Nepal: Both offer the experience of a lifetime, and its better to visit them before they become flooded by hotel chains and tourists.
9. Svalbard, Norway: One of Europe’s last great wildernesses, an inhabited by more polar bears than people, it’s a wonderful place to explore and hike.
10.Exumas, Bahamas: Bahamas doesn’t sound like a secluded, remote place, but Exumas is. You will enjoy raw nature and unspoiled beaches at it’s best. No casinos, no buffet lines, just white sand and turquoise water.